Tales from my life

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Finding Love through Banana Republic

Date: September 27, 2006: My first day working at Banana Republic in Westport, CT. This was my first foray into clothes selling (I used to work at a shoe store). So I go about my training for about two weeks; I train in women's clothing, women's shoes, and finally men's clothing. As I get to know my new co-workers, I begin to see who I like and who I don't. About three weeks into my new job, I noticed this very handsome man that had an arrogant air about him. I kept eyeing him whenever we worked together and soon started chatting and folding my shirts on the men's side of the store. We innocently flirted while we closed down the store, and before I knew it I was checking his schedule to see when we worked together next. This handsome, somewhat aloof man asked me to go bowling with him and I agreed in a childish way only love-stricken women can do. If someone had told me that I would fall in love with the man of my dreams; I would have told them they were crazy for this man was not my type.
Anyways, we started going out together after work and one night at a bar (November 13, 06), he bit my check like a school boy and before I knew it, I was in his car making out with him. When I saw him the next time we worked together, I smiled across the store only a smile that a smitten girl could smile. He gave me a smile back that said he cared but couldn't make it look like he cared (for he was too manly). As time went on, we began seeing more and more of each other and I remember the shock on my mothers face on Thanksgiving morning when she saw Parish escape from my room (I still lived at home since I was going to night school). Later that day I got the talk of disappointment and discourage, but that did not deter me from pursuing the man of my dreams (although I dont know why he qualifies for the man of my dreams, but then again, you cant choose the one you love). Little did I know that my beautiful lover Parish was just getting out of a serious relationship and he wasnt quite reading for another serious girlfriend (and he did not make this apparent until about 4 months later). So when I got close to him, he pushed me away for fear of being hurt like he was before. I even knew he was still talking to his ex in ways that are inappropriate when you are dating someone else yet I kept strong. And maybe this was dumb of me and maybe I was blind sighted by my love, but I had faith in Parish and I and knew we were meant to be. We overcame his ex together and by May or June (finally; who knew it takes a man so long to get over a woman), we were on the same page.
I remember laying in bed with Parish one night and saying "you don't know what its like to feel something and know that no one understands or appreciates your feeling," and he turned my head towards him and said, "I love you baby." Of course that made my cry right then and there but it meant so much to me that he understood my language and that I had someone who picked the perfect time to say I love you. From that point on we were inseparable. We did everything together, we loved all sports and I think we went to 4 football games, 4 baseball, 2 basketball, 1 boxing match and 1 Formula 1 race. A lot of those included traveling, like to Indiana for the F1 race and a surprise trip to Dallas (my hometown) to see the Cowboys beat the shit out of the Giants for their opening game this year. I think he is quite lucky to find a girl that loves sports just as much as he does, and isn't ignorant about the sport. I challenge anyone to a trivia about the Cowboys or F1 or any rules and regulations for any sports. Point is, we love all the same things and get to share that with each other and surprise each other with exciting games.
Much more to tell, look for next post.

2 comments:

Melanie Tate said...

Great experience with your co-worker. Who knew what would happen, baby!!! I like the story...

hansu_87 said...

I never knew how you guys met, now I do and it sure does sound interesting!!

auctionads

Google

sitemeter